A2-B1 Speaking exam questions SET 1 with sample answers
QUESTION SET 1 (With sample answers)
1. Do you do any sports or exercise? Yes. What? Do you enjoy it? No. Why not?
Yes, I do exercise regularly. I like to go for a walk or jog in the park. However, I wouldn’t say that I enjoy it very much, as I find it quite tiring and sometimes challenging to keep up with. But I do it anyway to maintain my health and well-being.
2. How do you usually get to university: on foot, by car or by public transport? How
long does it take?
I usually get to the university by public transport. I take the bus, and it takes me around 20 minutes to get there. I prefer this mode of transport as it is more convenient for me and helps me save time and money.
3. How often do you go out for a meal or to the cinema, etc. with a family member?
I go out for a meal or to the cinema with a family member once or twice a month. We enjoy spending time together and catching up on each other’s lives. We usually choose a restaurant that serves our favourite cuisine or a movie that we are both interested in watching.
4. Have you ever made an important decision? Did you get help from people around
Yes, I have made important decisions in my life. When making these decisions, I sought advice and guidance from people around me, including family, friends, and professionals. I believe that it is essential to have a support system and gather information before making any significant choices.
5. What qualities should a successful business person have?
Successful business people should possess several qualities, including good communication skills, strong leadership abilities, the ability to adapt to change and persistence. They should be able to communicate effectively with their clients, employees, and partners to build strong relationships and ensure the success of their business. Good leaders inspire and motivate their teams to achieve their goals while being able to adapt to changes in the market and industry. Finally, persistence is key in the face of challenges and setbacks, as it enables business people to persevere and overcome obstacles to achieve their desired outcomes.
QUESTION SET 2
1. When you were at school, what do you think your teachers thought of you?
When I was at school, I think my teachers thought of me as a hardworking and diligent student. I always tried my best to complete my assignments on time. I tried to participate actively in class discussions.
2. How many different teachers have you had since you started learning English?
Since I started learning English, I have had about five different teachers. Each of them had their teaching style and methods, and this helped me improve my English skills in different ways.
3. How often do you see your extended family? What activities do you do together?
I see my extended family once or twice a year, usually during holidays or special occasions such as Ramadan. We usually have a big family dinner or picnic. We also catch up on each other’s lives. Sometimes we play games or sports together. I enjoy going on family outings to explore new places with my cousins.
4. How do you define yourself, as a decisive or an indecisive person? Give examples.
I would define myself as a decisive person. I try to make decisions based on my values, and goals. I also check the available information to see what I can do. For example, when choosing a career path, I researched different options, talked to professionals in the field, and weighed the positive and negative sides before making a decision.
5. Which famous person(e.g. Businessman, sports player, scientist etc.) are you a fan of?
Why do you like that person?
I am a fan of Serena Williams, the famous tennis player. I like her because she is a strong and determined athlete. She has achieved many successes in her career. She became the tennis champion many times in her career. She is also a good role model for young girls and women. She inspired them to follow (pursue) their dreams and overcome difficulties (obstacles).
QUESTION SET 3
- If you could go to an English-speaking country on holiday, where would you go?
- What food do you usually eat when you’re tired and don’t want to cook?
- Do you spend more of your free time with your family or friends? Why?
- Do you think young people can help solve some important problems in the world?
- Which jobs will be done by computers instead of people in the future?
QUESTION SET 4
- When would your ideal time be to have English classes? Why?
- When you’re away from home is there any food or drink you really miss?
- Do you trust influencers on social media while deciding to buy a product? Why/ Why
- What are some issues or problems related to the environment? What do you think are
the possible solutions?
- What makes animals important in our lives?
QUESTION SET 5
- How has social media affected the way gossip spreads compared to the past?
- Is there any food or drink that you couldn’t live without? How often do you eat/drink
- Who do you have very little contact with in your extended family? Why?
- What are the factors that affect you while making your decisions?
- How can young people make a difference in society? Give examples.
QUESTION SET 6
- Do you get up immediately after you wake up? Why/not?
- Which do you find more difficult, speaking or listening? Why?
- Why is it important to have breakfast every day for teenagers?
- . How does being in a crowd affect our decisions?
- What is your dream job? What makes it special for you?
QUESTION SET 7
- What’s the best physical activity to do early in the morning? Why?
- Do you think more couples will have just one child in the future? Why/why not?
- While taking an important decision, to whom do you ask for help? Why?
- How would you describe a perfect job? Which features should it have?
- Should life stories of successful people who achieved something be shared with other
people? Why? / Why not?
QUESTION SET 8
- In general, are you a morning person or an evening person?
- In your country, is there a lot of choice on TV? Do you think it’s a good or bad thing?
- Can you talk about 3 things you used to do when you were a child?
- What can you do to cut down on using plastic?
- Do you think famous people can inspire others to do good things? If yes, how?/ If no,
QUESTION SET 9
- What kind of things did your mother or father cook when you were a child? Do you
still eat them?
- Do you think anyone in your family will live to be 90 or older? Why/why not?
- Do you need to ask someone while making a major decision about your life? If yes,to
whom do you ask? If not, why not?
- What are the qualities you should have for your future job?
- Which animal would you like to have as a pet? What are the benefits of living
together with a pet?
QUESTION SET 10
- If you got up an hour earlier , what would you do with your extra hour?
- When was the last time you had to make a big decision? Can you tell me more about
- What month do you prefer to go on holiday? Why?
- Do you enjoy the feeling of fear, for example, when you watch a horror movie or ride
on a roller coaster? Why/not?
- Which animal products do people need in their lives? Do these products have any
QUESTION SET 11
- When was the last time you got an invitation to a wedding or party? Whose wedding
or party was it?
- What advice do you give to people who have problems getting up early?
- What’s your position in your family? Are you the oldest, the middle, the youngest or
the only child? How do you think it influences your character and personality?
- What things are people usually afraid of? How can they get over their fears?
- Do you have any hobbies? Can you make money from them/it?
QUESTION SET 12
- When was the last time you gave someone advice? Who did you give advice to? What
- Can you tell me a time when you were young and you behaved very badly to a sibling
or a friend or what they did to you? What happened?
- Is it easy or difficult for you to make big decisions? Can you explain and give
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of working at a large company?
- Should governments spend more money to protect animal habitats than they spend for
the things people need? Why? / Why not?